03 October 2011

Outlining

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I told you all that I decided to outline my entire novel, just to make sure I included everything and to get a general idea about how long it might be.


After I'm done writing, it's about four pages long (computer paper, no lines) and I o back and read through it ad I still have some things forgotten. I guess you can never fully have anything outlined, but majority of it is pretty much on paper.


This helped a lot because in my last post, I talked about having writer's block because I wasn't sure which direction I should be going in, but now that I have it outlined, I know exactly what to do.


I know what you're thinking. Why didn't I plot it out from the beginning?? Well...


Many of my favorite authors don't plot out their novels because they say that limits them to one general idea and they want the opportunity to expand.


Well...


I can't do what that. (Epiphany time). I needed the plotting and the bubbles and the random colorful pens to differentiate between my Aiden and my Daemon.


SN: It was either my first or second post where I told you guys that I took out a character from the first draft of the novel, but I'm not sure if I told you all that he was replaced by the tough guy on the block, Daemon. And yes, he knows his name translates to ;demon; in Greek. He likes it that way.


Another SN: I mentioned to you guys that I was trying to get a Mayhem Monkey number and guess what............I got it today!!! I am officially MM#M05 (Why there's an M, I'm not sure, but I'm not going to complain)


I know today will be a good day.
(Google Images)




Is there anything that has made you happy today, yesterday, any day?




Cheers!
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...