02 October 2011

The Blues

It's six in the morning and I have writer's block.


Doesn't that just sound so depressing. No, but really, writer's block is not fun. I think it's because I've reached a point in the story where I'm not sure which path to take. Should I go left or go right.


(Google Images)

Yes, this is exactly what I mean but I'm sure I can make it through. I might skip past this chapter for a bit and return to it later one I have a clearer idea about what I want to do with it. My main problem is that no matter how many angles I go at it, I want to put my male lead in every chapter which just can't cut it. Why? Because this isn't just a love story, it has action in it also.

I love the story but I don't need another Bella and Edward. They were perfect and I don't want to taint the image of them (Ha!)

Anywho, I think another problem is idle behavior. I guess you can say each chapter should have a main event which leads up to the next main event and so on until it reaches the ULTIMATE EVENT. That's what I'm trying to do, but I'm not sure if I'm accomplishing that. Perhaps once I'm done with the first draft, I'll revise and do all the cool stuff that makes revising easy.

Cheers!
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...