01 October 2011

Beginnings

Hi everyone, I've been thinking a lot lately about how much one thing can start a chain reaction. Don't understand?


Imagine how you began writing. You probably read a book and wanted to change the ending, or you searched for a book that you wanted to read, but you couldn't find it. Which resulted in you finding your  own plot.


Isn't this what we as authors must do in our own novels? Start a chain reaction.


Even if the chain reaction began before the main character is born, something has to happen to get to the end of the story.


I realized this as I wrote today. I needed to make sure that I include little bits of information that make no sense, but in the end, they're very important.


My top question, why is my main character so important?


Cheers!
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...