30 September 2011

Divergent.

I've been reading a lot of YA recently and the last novel I read was (cursed the damned was) Divergent. It's a dystopian novel by Veronica Roth. She's a recent graduate of NorthWestern and now a full time writer.


I promise I'm not a creeper, that part about her graduating from NorthWestern is on the cover flap of her novel.


You can view her website here.


I often find inspiration from other authors and you can't find more inspiration than in Veronica Roth. I always believe that if I work hard enough, I'll be able to publish a novel before the tender age of 21. That's my dream and I refuse to give up.


In other news:


I really want to attend a writer's conference or a book signing, but I'm not sure if there are any in Georgia. I'll have to double check on that. Hopefully I can find something that I can attend where I can meet new authors and new friends.
I honestly have trouble reading new authors. Not that I don't like new authors, it's just that I can't find one that I'm interested in. Maybe I can take my troubles to twitter and someone can help me on there.


Are there any authors you really like? Book recommendations?


Oh and if you would like to follow me on twitter, just click here.


Cheers!
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...