18 September 2011

Passion for my Craft

I am a novelist. I know you're wondering how I got to this conclusion, but it's really quite simple.  I love to read. I've written plenty of novellas and I have even completed a novel. No matter how crappy they all are, I have completed them. I think that's the most important thing, right?


Anywho, as I said above, they all suck and I want to rectify that. Is that what a novelist is? Maybe. Maybe not. My point is, I have love for her (her being the manuscript). Though I have not even started work on it, I know what you're thinking now, how can you be a novelist and have not written anything? Well, the one crappy novel I have written, it was truly awful. A concept was there. I loved my characters, but the overall structure just wasn't in the right place. I got lost in the paranormal elements that were filtered through out it and therefore it was too unbelievable. 


Thus, I have decided to rewrite her, from the very beginning. Once I got the idea into my head, I knew it was the right thing to do. Not because I could just edit in everything I wanted into the first one, but once I reached that conclusion, so many better ideas popped into my mind that I subconsciously blocked because I didn't want to alter the original concept. Now that has changed.


*Sigh. Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I need to actually start working on her. Get at least a little down before I retire for the night. Yes, I have an eight o clock class in the morning. Bummer.




Caio-
      Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...