29 September 2011

Adventures of the Night.

Guys, I am exhausted. That's to say the least. I mentioned in a previous post that I stay up until the wee hours of the morning because of my sleep schedule, but now I don't know why I'm up. I'm not staying up until like 10 like I was before, I normally crash at like 4, but that's still too late especially when I have a 9 o clock class the next morning.

Now that my ranting is over, let's get on with it.

So I started writing the next chapter of her (her being TM), and I'm enjoying where it's going. I know what's going to happen in the beginning and the end, and a couple scenes in between. Does that make sense? Let me explain.

It's safe to say that my mind thinks up novels in scenes. I'll be dreaming, or doing something weird and a vision scene will hit me. Now, once it does, I'm kind of at a loss and I'm not sure where to go with it. The rest of the novel is like a blank.

I start talking to myself about (Yes, I freely admit it) and it goes a little something like this.
Me:Okay, Johnny is a vampire and wants to marry a human girl.
(Simple enough, yes?)
Me: If he wants to marry an outsider he has to have a reason to not like vampire girls.
(Thinks for a minute)
Me:Maybe they don't have any humanity left after they've been vampires for so long.
(Shakes head)
Me:Maybe he's being a rebel in the family and wants to be with someone his parents wouldn't approve of.

This will go on and on until I reach the point where I decide that Johnny wants to marry a human girl because his parents will betroth him from the throne. No human can ever be a queen in that court. (His mother words not mine)

Does that ever happen to you? You're writing one scene and a character just starts yelling at you, getting emotional about something that hasn't happened yet, but they know it will. Does it ever mess with your emotions like it messes with mine?

Cheers!
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...